UMM Logo

Universitas Muhammadiyah Malang


Free Download Journals Directory


International Journal of Poultry Science

.: Home > International Journal of Poultry Science > 2011 > Volume 10 Number 5 > B.M. Dousa, Khadiga A. Abdel Ati and S.M. Elawad

Inclusion of Some Raw Legume Grains as Broiler Chicks Concentrates

B.M. Dousa, Khadiga A. Abdel Ati and S.M. Elawad
Faculty of Agriculture and Natural Resource, University of Gezira, Sudan 1 Department of Animal Nutrition, Faculty of Animal Production, University of Khartoum, 2 Postal code 13314, Khartoum North, Sudan
Abstract :

A total of 200 broiler chicks were used to evaluate the effect of feeding plant concentrate substitute the imported concentrate on the performance and blood composition of broilers. Four dietary treatments containing 0%, 5%, 10% and 15% plant concentrate were formulated to meet the nutrients requirements as outlined by NRC (1994). The experiment was in a Completely Randomize Design (CRD) comprised broiler chick fed iso caloric and iso nitrogenous diet. Each treatment was replicated five times with 10 birds/replicate. The study lasted for six weeks. Parameters measured was feed intake, body weight gain, Feed Conversion Ratio (FCR), pre-slaughter weight, dressing percentage, protein efficiency, some blood parameters (glucose, cholesterol, triglyceride, total lipid, total protein, calcium and phosphorus) and profitability. Result revealed that increasing dietary level of plant concentrate had significantly (p<0.05) decreased feed intake. Whereas, birds fed diet containing 5% plant concentrate significantly (p<0.05) observed best performance. There was no significant (p>0.05) difference in blood serum glucose, total protein, calcium and phosphorus. However, birds fed on diets containing 5%, 10% and 15% plant concentrate significantly (p<0.05) recorded lower serum cholesterol than control group.


Keywords :
Broilers, concentrate, performance, raw legume

Date Deposited : 18 Feb 2015 10:57

Last Modified : 18 Feb 2015 10:57

Official URL: http://www.pjbs.org

Volume 10, Number 5, - 2011 , ISSN 1682-8356

Download:
Full Text Original
Abstract : pdf doc
Home | Peta Situs | Admissions | Student Research | E-Journal
Universitas Muhammadiyah Malang © 2011
Developed by Infokom UMM
Last Update : 13 December 2016 20:46Kumpulan file jurnal